- A powerful voice for all children
- A relevant resource for all families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
The Purpose of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare and safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
A PTA is a local, self-governing unit. It promotes the Purposes and Mission of the Missouri and the National PTA as it plans its programs and activities to meet the needs of children and youth in the community. It is linked through its all-inclusive membership and by its acceptance of the Purposes and Mission of the National PTA and the Missouri PTA. It shares in the resources of the entire organization, such as national and state conventions, workshops, conferences, publicity and special leadership development conferences.
All of us have a great responsibility to our children. As a PTA, your group is part of a larger community working on behalf of children advocating for health, welfare, safety, education, and the protection of children at every level of government. PTA is recognized throughout many communities as the organization that continues to make a difference for children’s issues.
The PTA supports and supplements the high-quality educational and community environment of Longview Farm Elementary. The PTA provides vital communication between parents, teachers and administrators. It leverages thousands of hours of volunteering and fundraising to support the teaching mission. From school-wide social events to Smart Boards in the classroom, Longview Farm would not be the same without the PTA.
Your membership provides you with some specific benefits:
- Voting privileges
- Committee Memberships
- LFE Student Directory
The benefits of membership are primarily for the students. Membership is the foundation of the funding that allows the PTA to thrive. It builds the base of people and money that allows for extensive programming. Our active and generous membership enables LFE PTA to provide robust programmatic support to the school.
PTA programming provides:
- Volunteer Coordination
- School-wide events like the Back to School Social, Trunk or Treat, Halloween and Valentine’s Day parties, Carnival, Grandparent/Special Friend breakfast, and more!
- Reflections Art Program
- Community outreach & Martin Luther King, Jr Day of Service
- Teacher support funds
- Smart Boards and other classroom technology
- Beautification of the school grounds
- Staff & Teacher appreciation week
- Parent Hot Topic classes
- Student health fairs
- Coordination of pre-ordered school supplies
- Collaboration with outside programs for fundraising such as Box Tops and Amazon Smile
- And much more!
LFE PTA Facebook Guidelines
*adapted April 2020*
Facebook Page Name: Longview Farm Elementary PTA
To provide pertinent information to parents, teachers and families that aligns with Longview Farm Elementary (LFE) PTA’s standards and policies.
To promote LFE PTA, LFE, and LSR7 activities, events and fundraisers.
To increase membership and participation.
To connect and communicate with parents and teachers.
To share information and tips.
To showcase the achievements of students, teachers, and staff at LFE.
The LFE PTA President and Corresponding Secretary will have administrative access and are responsible for posting and moderating content.
Business members will have their business website posted twice a year, per the business member benefits list.
Advertising for business members or any other business is not allowed, unless it is in conjunction with an LFE or LFE PTA event or fundraiser.
● We encourage you to ask questions and share information. We request that you keep discussions focused directly concerning our school community.
● We encourage posts that highlight our community’s accomplishments and constructively raise issues for discussion.
● When posting, please use appropriate language.
● If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please check with the Facebook page administrator.
● Do not post about concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents. We will immediately delete posts that in any way put down or discriminate against individuals.
● Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified.
● Do not post information commonly understood as confidential, such as student grades.
● Any inflammatory statements that make allegations against individuals or organizations will be deleted.
● Keep in mind what you post is public
● Do not publish content as your own that has been created by others.