- A powerful voice for all children
- A relevant resource for all families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
The Purpose of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare and safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
A PTA is a local, self-governing unit. It promotes the Purposes and Mission of the Missouri and the National PTA as it plans its programs and activities to meet the needs of children and youth in the community. It is linked through its all-inclusive membership and by its acceptance of the Purposes and Mission of the National PTA and the Missouri PTA. It shares in the resources of the entire organization, such as national and state conventions, workshops, conferences, publicity and special leadership development conferences.
All of us have a great responsibility to our children. As a PTA, your group is part of a larger community working on behalf of children advocating for health, welfare, safety, education, and the protection of children at every level of government. PTA is recognized throughout many communities as the organization that continues to make a difference for children’s issues.
The PTA supports and supplements the high-quality educational and community environment of Longview Farm Elementary. The PTA provides vital communication between parents, teachers and administrators. It leverages thousands of hours of volunteering and fundraising to support the teaching mission. From school-wide social events to Smart Boards in the classroom, Longview Farm would not be the same without the PTA.
Your membership provides you with some specific benefits:
- Voting privileges
- Committee Memberships
- LFE Student Directory
The benefits of membership are primarily for the students. Membership is the foundation of the funding that allows the PTA to thrive. It builds the base of people and money that allows for extensive programming. Our active and generous membership enables LFE PTA to provide robust programmatic support to the school.
PTA programming provides:
- Volunteer Coordination
- School-wide events like the Back to School Social, Trunk or Treat, Halloween and Valentine’s Day parties, Carnival, Grandparent/Special Friend breakfast, and more!
- Reflections Art Program
- Community outreach & Martin Luther King, Jr Day of Service
- Teacher support funds
- Smart Boards and other classroom technology
- Beautification of the school grounds
- Staff & Teacher appreciation week
- Parent Hot Topic classes
- Student health fairs
- Coordination of pre-ordered school supplies
- Collaboration with outside programs for fundraising such as Box Tops and Amazon Smile
- And much more!